top of page

Planning on Marrying an American? K-1 May Be for You...

Updated: Aug 2, 2023

Fiancé/Fiancée visa! If you are planning on marrying an American even though you are: (a) outside of the U.S., (b) a foreign national, and (c) don't qualify for any other visa?

In that case, the K-1 Fiancé/Fiancée visa could be the visa that you need. Conversely, it may not be. Lawyers sparingly recommend this visa type, and too many people independently apply for it despite being much better off applying for a different visa, such as a B-2 visa or an Immigrant Visa. Requirements: Be engaged to marry a U.S. citizen and ultimately get married within 90 days of entering the U.S.

Photo of an engaged couple


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page