top of page

Want To Do Business in the U.S.A.? Apply for the E-2 Investor Visa

Updated: Aug 2, 2023

The U.S. has treaties with 81 nations whose citizens are legally authorized to start/acquire a business in the U.S. and manage it for as long as it exists. They need to apply for an E-2 nonimmigrant investor visa. Many small nations are listed, with one third being less populated than Singapore. Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname and Grenada are among the eight smallest listed nations. While Colombia is a listed nation, the U.S. Embassy in Bogotá is not currently accepting applications, arguably violating the U.S.A.'s treaty with Colombia. Regrettably, the highly populous nations of Brazil, China, India, and Russia, are not listed.

If you're interested in visiting the U.S.A. to manage a business without becoming a U.S. permanent resident and having the associated tax obligations to the U.S. on your worldwide income, speak with a U.S. immigration lawyer at your convenience. My law firm is excited to assist people with these types of applications.

An image of an establishment's window focusing a sign with the message 'Yes, We're Open'


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page