top of page

USCIS Lauds Its Achievements in Reducing All U.S. Immigration, Both Legal and Illegal, During FY2019

USCIS has effectuated a number of changes that are having a severe impact on immigrants and would-be immigrants, both legal and illegal. These changes include: (i) reducing the total number of asylum applications by requiring migrants fleeing their homelands for the U.S. to apply for asylum in the country that they are transiting; (ii) making it easier for USCIS officers to deny U.S. permanent residence to immigrants who may become a "Public Charge" in the future; (iii) increasing the monetary investment required by foreign nationals (seeking to obtain U.S. Permanent Residence via the EB-5 Investment Program) from $1 million USD to $1.8 million USD; (iv) scrutinizing posts made by foreign nationals on their social media accounts over the preceding five years; and (v) demanding considerably more documentary evidence from foreign nationals who apply for U.S. immigration benefits.

U.S. immigration attorneys can attest to the escalation in scrutiny being placed on every application that is submitted in the quest to obtain a U.S. immigration benefit, whether that benefit is U.S. citizenship, U.S. permanent residence, or merely the extension of a foreign national's stay in the U.S. as a tourist.

At first, USCIS's enhanced scrutiny was focused on foreign nationals who were seeking employment authorization in the U.S. on H-1B visas (Specialty Workers) and L-1 visas (Intra-company Transferee). However, USCIS has expanded its escalated scrutiny of immigration applications to include even the simplest applications for U.S. Permanent Residence that are based upon a bona fide marriage to a U.S. citizen.

We assist countless foreign nationals and we will be happy to personally assist you with your applications as well. Drop us a line at or call us at (888)354-6257. For reasons on why you should consult an immigration attorney whenever you have an immigration issue, see our page titled: Reasons Why it is Vital to Use an Immigration Lawyer.



bottom of page