top of page

Canadians and Mexicans, Working in The U.S. is Likely Easier Than You Think...

Updated: Aug 2, 2023

TN-1 and TN-2 Visas: Canadians can simply appear in person with their application and documentation at a U.S. Port of Entry, while Mexicans can take them to any of the U.S. Consulates in Mexico City, Ciudad Juarez, and Guadalajara. The successor program to NAFTA, the U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement (USMCA) allows Canadians and Mexicans an easy way of working in the U.S. Requirements: (1) you are a citizen of Canada or Mexico; (2) your profession qualifies under the regulations; (3) the position in the United States requires a USMCA professional; (4) you have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer; and (5) you have the qualifications to practice in the profession in question. More information is available at

Photo by Greg Rosenke on Unsplash

A miniature globe


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page