top of page

Top 50 Employers of H-1B Workers

Updated: Mar 6, 2019

Many people seek out immigration lawyers in an effort to live and work in the U.S. for several years while simultaneously keeping open the option of applying for U.S. lawful permanent residence in the foreseeable future. While such plans have proven far easier to discuss than to execute in past years, the challenge is especially formidable today. Currently, we are witnessing excessive scrutiny of work visa applications, such as H-1B and L-1 applications. These applications are triggering lengthy Requests for Evidence (RFEs), and even denials in many instances by U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services ("USCIS"). Frequently, these dual-intent work visas are the only option for many foreign nationals to live and work in the U.S. after wrapping up their education at a U.S. institution. Accordingly, it is not uncommon to find people enrolling to study at a U.S. school in order to be able to stay in the U.S. until a time when their chances of applying for some other type of visa have improved.

(This is especially true for those who are citizens of countries such as Brazil, China, India, and Russia, whose nationals do not qualify to apply for an E-2 Investor visa, which allows a non-immigrant to start a small business in the U.S., and live in the U.S. to operate that business.)

The bottom line is that foreign nationals need to have a strategy by which they can find and secure employment at companies in the U.S. who would be willing to file H-1B petitions with USCIS on their behalf.

Countless foreign nationals have met with me and expressed their dismay at having to try to find a company that would be willing to file an H-1B petition on their behalf. Frequently, these foreign nationals report that many companies immediately lose interest in hiring them upon discovering that they cannot work in the U.S. without the requisite employment authorization application being filed for them. I give them all the same answer, that foreign nationals are nevertheless finding companies who are willing to file H-1B petitions. The key is to have a strategy and to implement that strategy as early as possible during your time as a student in the United States. You would need to surround yourself with proper resources, and network with people who either found themselves facing a similar challenge, or who have the power to assist you in matching yourself with a willing employer.

One great way to enhance your chances of being matched with a U.S. employer, who is willing to file an H-1B petition for you, is to comb through the lists of employers who regularly file such petitions which allow the foreign national to be brought aboard.

In order to help get you started, we are providing a list of companies that repeatedly file H‑1B petitions for foreign nationals.

Search for jobs at those employers, and be sure to not underestimate the importance of networking from your earliest days as a foreign student in the U.S. Trust me, it will pay dividends when you are ready to graduate and need to find yourself a U.S. employer.

We assist countless foreign nationals with citizenship and we will be happy to personally assist you with your application as well. Drop us a line at or call us at (888)354-6257. For reasons on why you should consult an immigration attorney whenever you have an immigration issue, see our page titled: Reasons Why it is Vital to Use an Immigration Lawyer.

Employer information contained in table above obtained from: Approved H-1B Petitions.



bottom of page